Intern or Contractor, Original Content (OC) Division, Communications Department
Reports to: Director of Original Content/Editor in Chief
Start Date: ASAP
- Engaging in administrative, curation, and editing tasks to prepare the next issue of LDF’s print magazine under the guidance of the Director of Original Content/Editor in Chief. Tasks may include supporting photo selection and caption editing; ensuring, along with contributors, that article text is print-ready; coordinating cross-divisional timelines; helping support distribution planning, and more;
- Researching and pitching ideas for original content pieces and offering research and copy editing support to OC writers and the Director of Original Content/Editor in Chief.
- Support the development of promotion plans for OC articles, in coordination with the Director of Original Content/Editor in Chief and Media and Digital Divisions;
- Researching new opportunities and avenues for original content dissemination and partnerships;
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Current or recent college student;
- Professional and/or academic experience in the communications or journalism fields and with writing for digital or print publications;
- Keen interest in policy and advocacy preferred;
- Strong administrative and organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Commitment to the racial justice mission of LDF.