The NAACP Legal Defense & Educational Fund, Inc. (LDF) is the country’s first and foremost civil and human rights law organization. Founded in 1940 under the leadership of Thurgood Marshall, who subsequently became the first Black U.S. Supreme Court Justice, LDF was launched at a time when the nation’s aspirations for equality and due process of law were stifled by widespread state-sponsored racial inequality.
From that era to the present, LDF’s mission has been transformative — to achieve racial justice, equality, and an inclusive society.
LDF’s litigation, public policy advocacy and public education programs in the substantive areas of criminal justice, economic justice, education and political participation seek to ensure the fundamental and basic human rights of all people to quality education, economic opportunity, the right to vote and fully participate in democracy, and the right to a fair and just judicial system.
The Manager, a part of LDF’s individual giving team, is responsible for creating, planning, and implementing donor, channel, and data management strategies for all on-line and direct mail donors. The Manager will be responsible for growing a robust pipeline of donors from annual donors to major gift donors. In addition to overseeing direct mail and online solicitations, the Manager will be charged with qualifying suspect donors; via phone and email. This is an exciting opportunity for a leader that is prepared to excel in a fast-paced environment.
- Plan, implement and monitor direct mail and online/digital giving and engagement campaigns that inspire donors to make a gift to LDFs annual fund;
- Utilize all available and appropriate communication channels in delivery of donor correspondence, including direct mail, website, social media, email, and mobile platforms;
- Responsible for the cultivation and solicitation of direct mail and on-line donors who contribute $1,000 and $9,999 annually;
- Draft letters, brochures, and other materials to be shared with donors and prospects;
- Facilitate copy review and input process for messaging/brand effectiveness for all annual campaigns;
- Ensure all communications are clear, fair, timely, appropriate, and that each is relevant to LDF’s work and priorities;
- Manage external agencies and third-party vendors to ensure successful delivery of annual campaigns and solutions;
- In collaboration with Individual Giving team, identify top prospects and their organizational interests to maximize donor relationships and provide appropriate opportunities for further stewardship and giving;
- Manage LDF donor acknowledgement process;
- Collaborate with special events team to plan and execute stewardship events and engagement activities in New York, Washington, D.C., and other geographical regions with donor concentrations;
- Qualify and set follow up calls/ meetings with major gift prospects for frontline individual giving officers;
- Collaborate with other LDF working groups on areas impacted by annual fund projects/campaigns;
- Develop and coordinate cross channel donor giving and engagement strategies, not limited to, email, direct mail, social, sms, digital, artificial intelligence, cloud computing, and marketing automation;
- Partner with LDF’s Communications and Marketing team to ensure continuous outreach to donors through the website, newsletters, bulk e-mail, updates, social media, and personalized acknowledgment letters;
- Appropriately segment donor data for outreach;
- Liaise with key stakeholders, colleagues and vendors to ensure all are fully briefed and engaged, to make certain annual fund campaign objectives and timelines are met;
- Identify external third-party vendors to partner with LDF’s annual fund;
- Closely manage marketing campaign costs and internal resources to ensure budgets are used as effectively as possible;
- Develop and deliver donor analysis reports;
- Create library of content that can be shared with individual donors
- Collaborate with advancement services team to process gifts from appropriate channels;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Non-profit experience preferred;
- Writing and editing copy and managing the creative process key;
- Proficient in donor management systems/relational database tools;
- Must be detail oriented. Ability to plan own work schedule, and that of others, and meet challenging deadlines;
- Thorough knowledge of campaign management including print, data selection, channel management/integration;
- Budget development, management, and reporting experience;
- Analyzing and interpreting campaign performance;
- Managing agencies and third parties;
- Delivering communications across both offline and online channels;
- Managing key stakeholders and relationship building;
- Strong member service orientations, with the ability to problem solve and proactively identify creative solutions to business/member issues;
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet required time frames/schedules;
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills; and,
- Business acumen, analytical skills, detail orientation;
- Must be available for light travel;
- Experience with Microsoft Office software applications;
- Blackbaud / Raiser’s Edge experience a plus.
* * * * *
The NAACP Legal Defense Fund is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to you without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, age, veteran status, disability or genetic information.