The NAACP Legal Defense & Educational Fund, Inc. (LDF) is the country’s first and foremost civil and human rights law organization. Founded in 1940 under the leadership of Thurgood Marshall, who subsequently became the first Black U.S. Supreme Court Justice, LDF was launched at a time when the nation’s aspirations for equality and due process of law were stifled by widespread state-sponsored racial inequality. From that era to the present, LDF’s mission has been transformative–to achieve racial justice, equality, and an inclusive society.
LDF’s litigation, policy advocacy, organizing, and public education programs in the substantive areas of criminal justice, economic justice, education and political participation seek to ensure the fundamental and basic human rights of all people to quality education, economic opportunity, the right to vote and fully participate in democracy, and the right to a fair and just judicial system.
Reports to: Director of Facilities
FLSA Status: Exempt
As of March 7, 2022, LDF transitioned to a hybrid work environment. Any candidate selected for this position should be prepared to work in the office location assigned at least two days per week.
The NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund, Inc. (LDF) seeks an experienced Facilities and Office Services Manager. This position will report to the Director of Facilities and the Director of Operations.
This position is deemed essential and requires in-office presence five days a week during regular business hours and outside business hours in special circumstances as assigned.
- Assure optimal functioning of all building systems;
- Serve as the direct point of contact, supervision of all building contractors and maintenance personnel;
- Serve as the receptionist for the Atlanta office in a professional, efficient, and welcoming manner;
- Serve as main POC for IT-related issues in the office and liaise with Netology and LDF’s IT leaders appropriately;
- Answer, screen, and forward all incoming calls to the appropriate person and ensure phone calls are redirected accordingly;
- Assist with employee-related events;
- Oversee procedures, standards and timing of work performed by contractors and maintenance personnel;
- Plan, budget, and schedule facility maintenance and modifications;
- Team leader/oversight for all ATL office security measures;
- Serve as Safety Officer for ATL office and staff and POC for all office-related safety measures and accountability;
- Interface with building management company and appropriate managers, directors, and employees;
- Manage security access system including programming access and running reports;
- Manage vendor accounts and generate reports as deemed necessary;
- Receive and process all incoming invoices in LDF’s Accounts Payable system daily
- Support storage efforts and off-site storage facility;
- Handle communication to employees regarding fire drills, and any other building activities;
- Conduct emergency, safety, and security training to employees and new hires;
- New hire office/workstation set up and conduct the onboarding meetings;
- Create and update Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for day-to-day operations for the Atlanta office
- Responsible for HVAC including monitoring of system, responding to alarms, making service calls, setting up monthly, quarterly, and seasonal maintenance checkups;
- Responsible for coordination of all aspects of building shutdowns;
- Responsible for working with building personnel to arrange for repairs and work orders;
- Responsible for all conference room setup, supplies, cleanup, and general appearance;
- Coordination with staff for lobby guest lists for large meetings/conferences;
- Responsible for scheduling of exterminator for office maintenance;
- Responsible for office moves and setup;
- Responsible for general office upkeep, cleaning schedules, touch up paint, order replacement equipment and appearance;
- Troubleshoot equipment issues such as copiers.
- Arrange for repairs – e.g. electricians, locksmiths, copy technician;
- Responsible for creating supply and UPS accounts for new employees and orienting them;
- Responsible for mailroom (shipping and receiving);
- Responsible for messenger services/deliveries using LDF control procedures, signing for deliveries/packages.
- Sorting/Distribution of mail/preparing and mailing of mass mailings.
- Post office runs for certified mail, and special deliveries;
- Responsible for the postage meter; the filling and ordering supplies for mailings; special projects required by management.
- Responsible for the ordering of office, pantry, paper, and janitorial.
- Responsible for photo copiers, copying, scanning, making booklets, and document management using quality control.
- Responsible for calling for service for equipment repairs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferred field of study: Facilities Management
- 5 or more years of Experience in Facilities Management for an office or similar setting
- Knowledge in Information Technology including hardware and software set-up and troubleshooting;
- Excellent communications skills;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Ability to lift 80 lbs.;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Ability to multitask, establish priorities, and meet deadlines.
This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts or requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned. This description does not constitute a contract of employment and LDF may exercise its employment-at-will rights at any time.
LDF offers a rich platform of benefits including medical (Empire), dental (Cigna), vision (NVA), flexible spending accounts (Flex Facts), transit/commuter plan, life insurance, AD&D, voluntary life & AD&D (UNUM), AFLAC, Employee Assistance Plan, and Health Advocate. As well as the many healthcare benefits, LDF offers a 403b plan with employer match, and a robust vacation, sick, and personal time program to ensure employees have a healthy work-life balance.
Please note that LDF requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Accordingly, successful candidates must be fully vaccinated and submit proof of vaccination prior to the commencement of employment unless they qualify for a reasonable accommodation for bona fide medical or religious reasons.
* * * * *
The NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to you without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, age, veteran status, medical condition or disability, genetic information, gender identity, or any other protected status under federal, state, or local law.