The NAACP Legal Defense & Educational Fund, Inc. (LDF) is the country’s first and foremost civil and human rights law organization. Founded in 1940 under the leadership of Thurgood Marshall, who subsequently became the first Black U.S. Supreme Court Justice, LDF was launched at a time when the nation’s aspirations for equality and due process of law were stifled by widespread state-sponsored racial inequality. From that era to the present, LDF’s mission has been transformative — to achieve racial justice, equality, and an inclusive society.
LDF’s litigation, public policy advocacy and public education programs in the substantive areas of criminal justice, economic justice, education and political participation seek to ensure the fundamental and basic human rights of all people to quality education, economic opportunity, the right to vote and fully participate in democracy, and the right to a fair and just judicial system.
LDF seeks an experienced Digital Media Associate who will contribute to the efforts of Digital Communications team. The Digital Media Associate will support the team with a wide variety of tasks, including social media engagement (Twitter/Facebook/Instagram), planning and analysis. Opportunity to learn about digital communications (search engine optimization, search engine marketing and social media marketing) for NAACP Legal Defense Fund and its sister digital properties at the Thurgood Marshall Institute.
- Perform social media engagement activities (crafting, posting, and tracking posts across various social media platforms, e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) as directed in support of our social marketing initiatives;
- Contribute to blog posts as needed;
- Run Twitter Chats and other digital promotions;
- Identify influencers and potential partners on social media and sharing related content ideas with them;
- Monitor and track performance of posts, prepare reports, perform analysis (including preparing and documenting actionable insights) and share data as directed;
- Listen to our social media audiences, engaging with guests as directed;
- Performing editorial tasks (visiting URLs, copy & pasting data, cleaning up text files) as directed.
- Run reports;
- Update spreadsheets;
- Review reports and communicate anomalies and insights to inform recommendations.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications or related field;
- 1-3 years Digital Marketing experience preferred;
- Experience & familiarity with leading social media platforms, including Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram;
- Experience with digital photography and live video streaming;
- Ability to be creative and engaging in written communication, especially within the restrictions of social media platforms, while strictly adhering to project guidelines for tone and voice;
- Critical thinker, with the ability to distill actionable insights from large quantities of data;
- Ability and desire to stay on the cutting edge of industry best practices, including frequent review of relevant blogs, websites, social media thought leader social media streams, etc.;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Creative suite;
- Interest in learning about competitive search engine optimization strategy and tactics;
- Proficiency with text editing and basic data manipulation;
- Ability to work well with cross-functional teams;
- Comfortable working with all levels of an organization.
* * * * *
The NAACP Legal Defense Fund is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to you without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, age, veteran status, disability or genetic information.