- About Us
- Our Work
- Get Involved
- Support Us
Together We Can End Inequality
Sign up to receive email updates from LDF.
Event Date(s):Wednesday, October 5, 2011 (All day) - Friday, October 7, 2011 (All day)
Airlie Conference Center Warrenton, VA
Please join us for one of the country's premier conferences on Civil Rights issues. Hear from the leading experts on the issues at the forefront of today’s Civil Rights agenda. Receive updates on the cases defining the Civil Rights debate. Learn the up to date strategies and tactics being employed nationally to advance the cause of justice. Help us shape the future of Civil Rights advocacy. Earn CLE credits as well.
Topics at this year’s conference will include:
- Review Supreme Court October 2010 cases;
- Preview Important Civil Rights cases in the Supreme Court October 2011 term;
- Class Action Litigation After Wal-Mart v Dukes;
- The Legal Basis for Voluntary Integration Measures K-12 and Higher Education;
- Blocking the Vote: Voter Suppression Tactics and Responses on the Eve of the 2012 Elections;
- Working with Experts to Advance Civil Rights Cases;
- Legal Ethics Issues for Civil Rights Lawyers;
- Lawyers and Community Advocates Working Together to Advance the Cause of Justice.
There will also be workshops on 1) Using Courtroom Technology to Present a Winning Case at Trial; 2) Race and Advocating for Justice in the Criminal Justice System; and 3) Employing Department of Education Data to Further Civil Rights in Schools.