- About Us
- Our Work
- Get Involved
- Support Us
Sign up to receive email updates from LDF.
The Power of Now
Event Date(s):Wednesday, October 9, 2013 - 8:00am - Friday, October 11, 2013 - 4:15pm
Airlie Conference Center Warrenton, VA
Please join us for one of the country's premier conferences on Civil Rights issues. Hear from the leading experts on the issues at the forefront of today’s Civil Rights agenda. Receive updates on the cases defining the Civil Rights debate. Learn the up to date strategies and tactics being employed nationally to advance the cause of justice. Help us shape the future of Civil Rights advocacy.
This years agenda lives up to its reputation as the premier conference on Civil Rights in the country.
This years topics include:
- Form Over Substance?: The Impact of Recent Civil Procedure Cases and Proposed Federal Rules Changes on Civil Rights Practice,
- Third Reconstruction: The Current Assault on Democracy and Our Fight to Protect It,
- Concurrent Workshops: Ending the Criminalization of Youth of Color: Legal Advocacy Strategies & 2. The New Faces of Discrimination in the Low Wage Workplace,
- Disparate Impact Past, Present, and Future: From Griggs to Mount Holly,
- And more...
Among this year's distinguished panelists we have:
- Nina Perales - MALDEF
- Judith Browne-Dianis – Advancement Project
- Julie Fernandes – Open Society Foundations
- Pamela S. Karlan – Kenneth and Harle Montgomery Professor of Public Interest Law and Co-Director, Supreme Court Litigation Clinic
- Dorian T. Warren - Columbia University Associate Professor, Political Science & School of International & Public Affairs; Co-Director, Columbia Program on Labor Law & Policy
- Prof. Paul Bender – Dean Emeritus, Arizona State University Sandra Day O’Connor School of Law
- Prof. Susan Carle, Washington College of Law
- And others.
Click Here to see the full agenda.
As always, this year's Airlie Conference promises to provide the time and space for you and other civil rights practitioners to come together not only to discuss our work but figure out how to do it better.
Hope to see you there!