- About Us
- Our Work
- Get Involved
- Support Us
Sign up to receive email updates from LDF.
Civil Rights and Race Relations in America and Their Impact on the Lives of African Americans
Event Date(s):Thursday, October 7, 2010 (All day) - Friday, October 8, 2010 (All day)
Airlie Conference Center Warrenton, VA
This is one of the country's premier conferences on Civil Rights issues. There will be presentations from, and discussions with, the leading experts on the issues at the forefront of today’s Civil rights agenda. This is an opportunity to receive updates on the cases defining the Civil Rights debate and to learn the strategies and tactics being employed nationally to advance the cause of justice. Conference participants will help us shape the future of Civil Rights advocacy.
Topics at this year’s conference will include:
- Litigating Civil Rights Cases in a “New” Supreme Court;
- The Impact of the Economic Collapse on Furthering Fair Housing;
- Civil Rights Concerns in the Elementary and Secondary Schools Education Act Reauthorization;
- Litigating Civil Rights Cases in a post Iqbal world;
- Advocating for Civil Rights in the Current Media/Political climate;
- Insuring Fair and Representative Juries; and
- Race, Reform and Independent Redistricting Commissions.